[Gambas-user] Gambas Update & Compiler Utility (Bruce Steers)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:52:18 CET 2021

Benoit , Is this possible with some versioning trick?
I Imagine gambas is set up in such a way that with a few minor changes of a
3 to a 4 then all the files in /usr/bin become gbr4 and gbc4, etc and
directories and everything auto adjust accordingly.
Could it possibly be changed somewhere/somehow in our local files to 33
(for example) and then /usr/lib/gambas33, gbr33 and gambas33.gambas etc
would be made and run independently of the gambas3 installation?
Or is it much more complicated so not even really worth thinking about?

thank you
BruceS

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:26, KKing <kicking177 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Or if you are talking about having more than one version of gambas
> > installed on the same system like having the repo version installed AND
> > having the development branch then i do not think this is possible and
> > will
> > cause conflicts.
>
> Yes that is what I meant. :-(
>

> And no I haven't tried your utility yet.... as I said it sounds
> promising ... but I'm too busy to play at moment :-(
> K.

It's very WIP at present.
like i say currently being rebuilt, i initially made it handle the non
simple stuff (branches other than master/stable) and then tried to make it
handle a simple mode (just handle master or stable branch in non gambas
developer simple download/update, compile and install mode).
It got a bit complicated so now i'm starting it in simple mode and then
will add the more complicated stuff as i go.