[Gambas-user] Gambas Update & Compiler Utility (Bruce Steers)

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:25:13 CET 2021

> Or if you are talking about having more than one version of gambas
> installed on the same system like having the repo version installed AND
> having the development branch then i do not think this is possible and
> will
> cause conflicts.

Yes that is what I meant. :-(

Appreciate that all things are different, but is really useful with some
other codebases where I can have more than one version and be able to
run as many as like as long as invoked from separate folders or with
parameters.  I have occasions where I want to compare against repo based
version of gambas and at least one development branch. Or that I'm right
in middle of something (on one version) and need to check something
quickly having to reboot or fire up VM(s) is all possible just takes
more time than I would like. I took to having separate physical units as
well but that introduces many more headaches (and wasteful).

And no I haven't tried your utility yet.... as I said it sounds
promising ... but I'm too busy to play at moment :-(
K.