[Gambas-user] cannot load component 'gb.qt5' - WSL Ubuntu 20.04

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:20:58 CET 2021

Le 09/02/2021 à 15:40, dahaiou at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hello all, my first post here.
>
> I saw a thread about this here in the list from October, with a couple
> of replies by Bruce,
>
> but it wasn’t clear if the OP managed to get it working or not.
>
> I have the exact same fault, when installing gambas3 on Ubuntu 20.04
> under WSL:
>
> The installation as such is apparently successful with no errors, but
> when giving
>
> the command “gambas3” it fails directly with the following message:
>
> gb.gui.qt: error: cannot load component 'gb.qt5'
>
> I am using the Xming X-server under Windows and other X apps (eg.
> synaptic) work fine.
>
> I have rinsed and repeated installs and purge/uninstalls of gambas3
> multiple times,
>
> both with synaptic from the PPA, as suggested by Bruce, and plain
> apt-get install from CLI,
>
> but still getting that same error every time.
>
> So, I would very much appreciate ideas or pointers on how to
> troubleshoot and deal with this.
>
> BR, Henrik

I suggest removing all your Gambas installation and installing the
development version from the daily ppa.

The "gb.gui.qt: error: cannot load component 'gb.qt5'" error message
means at least that you do run the stable version.

You can also try to run:

$ gbx3 -e 'Component.Load("gb.qt5")'

You should get a more explicit error message.

Benoît Minisini