[Gambas-user] cannot load component 'gb.qt5' - WSL Ubuntu 20.04

dahaiou at gmail.com dahaiou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:13:10 CET 2021

Thanks for the answer Bruce,

Regarding the qt5 installation, that was another thing I had already done:

“sudo apt install qt5-default” – and that installation appeared to work OK

And, trying out the command you suggested now, here is the result:

Ubuntu:~$ env GB_GUI=gb.gtk3 gambas3

gb.gui.qt: warning: 'gb.gtk3' component not supported

gb.gui.qt: error: cannot load component 'gb.qt5'

So now it’s two errors instead of just one, some small progress.

What I did then:

So, thinking gt3 was not installed, after hunting around, I added the ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3

and followed instructions I found on the net

sudo apt dist-upgrade

Seems to be installed now

sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

libgtk-3-dev is already the newest version (3.24.20-0ubuntu1).

But I am still getting the same two errors as above

I am also checking that whereis finds the qt5 installation, which it does, but not gtk or gtk3

~$ whereis qt5

qt5: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 /usr/lib/qt5 /usr/share/qt5

~$ whereis gtk3

gtk3:

- and gtk without the 3 gives the same result

Any ideas on what I can try next?

/Henrik