[Gambas-user] cannot load component 'gb.qt5' - WSL Ubuntu 20.04

dahaiou at gmail.com dahaiou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:30:01 CET 2021

<snip>
> BR, Henrik
>

>I suggest removing all your Gambas installation and installing the development version from the daily ppa.

YEAASS, Merci Beaucoup Benoît. That did the trick and Gambas started up like good little prawn-boy should !!!!

Thanks also to Bruce, for your valuable ideas.

>The "gb.gui.qt: error: cannot load component 'gb.qt5'" error message means at least that you do run the stable version.
>
>You can also try to run:
>
>$ gbx3 -e 'Component.Load("gb.qt5")'
>
>You should get a more explicit error message.

Yes indeed:
Cannot load component 'gb.qt5': libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But that doesn't matter now, since I got the daily version going.

Only I haven't started using it yet, so who knows if any instabilities start showing up.

I might want to get the stable version going eventually, but this unstable one seems good enough to get me started.

One thing it does though, is print out the message "Failed to get the memory usage" again and again
every few seconds. Easy enough to redirect stderr to >/dev/null, unless you have a trick for that too (?)

All the best, Henrik