[Gambas-user] cannot load component 'gb.qt5' - WSL Ubuntu 20.04

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:34:59 CET 2021

It's possible your qt5 installation is not complete.
Other apps like synaptic will default to whatever gui system is available

Does gambas run if you run it in gtk mode?
Type (or change the launcher command to) this...

*env GB_GUI=gb.gtk3 gambas3*

Or it should auto-select the available desktop gui system with...

*env GB_GUI=gb.gui gambas3*

and also possible may be your gambas purge/uninstall is not quite getting
everything.
after apt uninstall/purge then look the check the folders /usr/lib/gambas3
and /usr/share/gambas3 have gone and /usr/bin/gb* files and
/usr/bin/gambas3.gambas

All the best
BruceS