[Gambas-user] What is the correct way to reply to the list?

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Dec 9 12:09:39 CET 2021

Am 09.12.21 um 11:35 schrieb Gianluigi:

> Il giorno gio 9 dic 2021 alle ore 10:09 Martín Belmonte
> <mbelmonte at belmotek.net <mailto:mbelmonte at belmotek.net>> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi Folks.
>
>     When I reply to a message to the list, Thunderbird creates a new
>     message by putting a copy of the thread and then moving to the
>     beginning of the paragraph to write my message,

There is a switch somewhere in the settings for Thunderbird where you
can choose this.

> Hi Martin,
>
> for this you can see attached image.
>
> These are the reasons why I would prefer a forum at the mailing list:
>
> - In spite it advise you to mention the minimum indispensable and to
> respond below the quote, many prefer to quote the whole discussion and
> respond before the quote.

I think I can tell you why. In a company it is easier to do it this way.
You have the answer visible at once (you do not need to scroll down over
the quotes). And if you do not remember what it was all about, you can
go down to the last text and the ones before that. In such a context it
is also important to have fullquotes to go sure not to miss some
important information.

So many people are simply used to do it this way. And their
E-Mail-Client is set for this.

In Thunderbird I have this setting for the company mail, and it sets the
company's address and contact data to the end of the new message (above
the last one), then the cursor above that. For this and other lists I
have set it not to do so.

Regards
Rolf