[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Dec 2 00:17:33 CET 2021

Am 01.12.21 um 23:19 schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:

> Jussi

Wow Jussi! I never thought you could write a mail longer than 10 lines! ;-)

I personally am very interested in the Covid-19 outbreak, it's an
once-in-a-century event and I follow science as far as my limited
ability to understand the things allows.

Since I don't really understand these things, I do what I do with
Gambas: I trust the experts. In the case of Gambas I trust Benoît, in
the case of Covid-19 I trust those who have studied and teach and work
with pandemics and virology.

You can now see publicly what usually takes place in science in secret:
The evolution of knowledge. You see the experts agreeing at some points,
disagreeing at others, but always with the aim of expanding common
knowledge and improving the possibilities for action.

Most of us stand on the sidelines and watch it happen. It is very
exciting and highly interesting and I do what the experts recommend.
Today I got my third vaccination and i feel quite secure with it.

People in Germany who follow to what Trump propagated have invented a
nasty word for my attitude: "Schlafschaf" which means "sleeping sheep".
That means I would be the victim of malicious conspiracy.

But I am an optimist. Most people around me want to make the world a
better place and do good, and very few want to be bad. I simply
extrapolate and assume that this is also the case elsewhere. So also in
governments and pharmaceutical companies. And I have nothing against
someone earning money for doing the job well.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur