[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 02:24:17 CET 2021

> Wow Jussi! I never thought you could write a mail longer than 10 lines! ;-)

Yeah, I lost the count.

> Since I don't really understand these things, I do what I do with
> Gambas: I trust the experts. In the case of Gambas I trust Benoît, in
> the case of Covid-19 I trust those who have studied and teach and work
> with pandemics and virology.

Yes, no one can know everything and thus we specialize.
It is easy to see when you think of some topic you know really well and
then think how little others know about it. And accordingly regarding some
other topic, you are the one who knows very little. We take our cars to a
car mechanic, with aching teeth we go to a dentist, when power lines break
we call an electrician, etc.
There is no conspiracy. There are always competing companies who would call
the bullshit of electricians who would scam people.
Or at least your electrician friend would give some advice to you. There
would always be some way the truth comes out.
Right now even countries being in war against each other have the COVID
problem.

When you trust scientific consensus you are much more often right, than
wrong. In fact there is no better option, it's by far the best bet. And
looking at the times of modern science the track record is quite clear.
It's just that public understanding of science and the sad cases of fringe
"experts" are often in disagreement with the actual science, at least when
it gets to the details.

Today I got my third vaccination and i feel quite secure with it.

Every risk the vaccine poses is extremely small compared to what the virus
itself poses. That is because the vaccine does pretty much the same as the
virus itself, but in a very gentle and non-infecting way. The biggest risk
in getting the vaccine is due to the traffic to get there.

Jussi