[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:04:21 CET 2021

Le 01/12/2021 à 19:34, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> Benoit, is this really an appropriate list for these debunked
> conspiracies or should we dedicate it to Gambas only?
>
> Jussi

These "debunked conspiracies" are the official French statistics.

Take all that as an example of how an engineer quantifies a problem
before treating it. It's not so far from computer programming.

How do you think I chose the algorithms implemented in the Gambas
interpreter and compiler?

For example: do you think that the Gambas compiler has been made
following the official way of writing a compiler? Nope.

You must measure and quantify what the code you write does, not be
surprised that the official way is wrong, start thinking about how all
the different layers of hardware work, write the code differently and
finally get a twice faster compiler.

It's the same thing when you launch rocket, build planes, etc. There is
the theory, usually beautiful, and what the engineers do, which is
different from what the beautiful theory tells to do.

There was recently an article in Scientific American that explains that
nobody know exactly -why- airplanes can fly. Engineers can build
airplanes that fly, but the official theories can't fully explain why. A
fascinating paper.

Benoît Minisini