[Gambas-user] Gambas Foundation?

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:51:34 CET 2021

Il giorno mer 1 dic 2021 alle ore 10:47 Christof Thalhofer <
chrisml at deganius.de> ha scritto:

> Hello Gianluigi,
>
> Am 01.12.21 um 10:00 schrieb Gianluigi:
>
> > it seems to me that no one wanted to snub your proposal or disrespect
> > you, if this seems like I apologize.
> > Only one wonders: what does it add to what is already there?
> > If you want to participate, you can and if you show your skills you join
> > the programmer's club.
> > Since Benoit is a 'one man' no one forbids, before or after his
> > 'departure', to fork and move forward on the new track.
>
> I think there are many things that only Benoît knows, and that only he
> has access to, but that are necessary for the language to persist or at
> least remain in distributions. Unfortunately, this leads to the fact
> that the bus factor* in Gambas is IMO very high (please pardon the
> cynical name).
>
> This could also be a reason why, for example, companies decide against
> introducing an otherwise extremely practical language, simply because
> the future of the language seems uncertain.
>
> But if there were a team - it doesn't matter what you call it officially
> - that shared all the necessary information, i.e. ssh keys, passwords,
> access to important information, also documentation, then the future
> would be a bit safer. And if an organisational form could be found that
> would show this to the outside world, it would also document to the
> world that the further development of Gambas does not rest on the
> shoulders of just one person.

Sorry but I'm not so knowledgeable in the matter to understand what is
missing in the Gambas gitlab.
What Benoit keeps hidden from you gurus.
I believed that the code was all there and that if one is as good as Benoit
or better than Benoit it was possible to continue the project.
Of course this is not my problem as I am an amateur user.

> > All those who use Gambas love it, a little less, or so it seems to me,
> > the 'political' ideas of its creator ;-D
>
> I like all political ideas that are expressed. Because then they can be
> discussed.

I also added a smiley face, mine was an ironic phrase, unfortunately to
understand it you need to have the sense of humor

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer
>
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
>
> --