[Gambas-user] Sripter Wiki Info Updates

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Wed Apr 21 03:12:47 CEST 2021

> El mar, 20 de abr. de 2021 a la(s) 18:50, Brian G
> (brian at westwoodsvcs.com) escribió:
>>
>> I have started to update the wiki regarding Scripter - gbs3.
> noted since some hours.. good job, some points:
>
> 1. you have a several history for last day, i recommended use the
> preview event write a new version per change!
> 2. you covered all but does not said if you need to have all of the
> complete environment or only some modules

Good Point I will Add the information. Only Scripter needs be installed, it will cause gambas3-devel and gambas3-gb-pcre to be installed. It does not actually require that anything else be installed.

>> I would appreciate and feed back/criticisms and direction from the group on the
>> contents.
> we can update making some links to internal class and related.. of course..
>
>> I am pretty much a noob doing this. So....... fire away.....
> please for a noob was a great starting! well done!
>

> i have some questions.. can a script if work with odbc/db/etc need to
> specific the loading of the module?

inside the script you would add
   use gb.odbc

This will cause the odbc component to be loaded.

If you have installed only scripter then yes you will have to install the odbc component
   on mint that would be:
      sudo apt install gambas3.gb.odbc