[Gambas-user] New web browser component and GTK+3 support

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:34:48 CEST 2020

Le 21/10/2020 à 11:55, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> You just said that after much criticism in the past how difficult it is
> to program using GTK3, and that the shrimp IDE will only work in QT, now
> this IDE also works in GTK3... it doesn't make any sense this extra
> effort when there are components that still require attention like ODBC

As far as I know, I do what I want, and can even change my mind, even if
I actually don't.

Quoting myself: "As it's far from sure at the moment that 'gb.gtk3' will
be stable enough, 'gb.gui.qt' may be used again in the next stable
versions.".

> You can also notice that now QT6 and the current QT5 consume much more
> resources than the GTK3, and that in the future I predict that using
> shrimp IDE with QT6 will be a waste of resources and not of creativity

I noticed nothing as QT6 is not released yet, and I see no reason why it
should consume much more resource for managing widgets, as apparently
nothing really changed on that level since QT5.

--
Benoît Minisini