[Gambas-user] New web browser component and GTK+3 support

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:42:48 CEST 2020

El mié., 21 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 06:35, Benoît Minisini (g4mba5 at gmail.com)
escribió:

> As far as I know, I do what I want, and can even change my mind, even if
> I actually don't.

sound like a child.. gambas is just a hobby or a secure project when i can
rely my developments?

> Quoting myself: "As it's far from sure at the moment that 'gb.gtk3' will
> be stable enough, 'gb.gui.qt' may be used again in the next stable
> versions.".

ok it sound pretty good.. i just quoted you TOO when GTK3+ starts some time
ago

> I noticed nothing as QT6 is not released yet, and I see no reason why it
> should consume much more resource for managing widgets, as apparently
> nothing really changed on that level since QT5.

as PCMAN developer of LXDE demostrates in their first attemp to LXQT, the
QT toolkit consumes much more RAM and resources rather than GTK3 and each
newer version also consumes more respect the previous, that is not secret..
he develops LXQT cos is more modern and easy to code in QT rather that in
GTK..

taking that fact as start i was guessing the same for Gambas until you said
that Gambas IDE now are able to use GTK3. i thinks IS A GREAT FEATURE but i
remenber so many llittle details but important issues in GTK respect QT
like the input issue i reported some years ago for Gambas (that makes
unusable)