[Gambas-user] 3.15 RPM packager creates SPEC file with unwanted dependencies

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:53:41 CEST 2020

On 29/7/20 9:17 am, Brian G wrote:
> Can your components, be libraries instead?
>
> Thank You
> Brian G

No, a large number of them are custom controls.
Anyway, why should I change my architecture to suit the damn package
manager when they work as components anyway?
Suppose I release a component that needs to be installed from an
autotools package because it requires something RPM cannot handle. Then
when I package a program that uses that component, RPM **DEMANDS** that
anRPM package for that component exists and is installeable.

Iam beginning to see why some peoplr think RPM has had it's day.