[Gambas-user] Private settings file question

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:59:27 CET 2020

Well if you just want to write the setting then yes.
I was just adapting the code you wrote.

The example you posted wrote nothing but you wanted the data written to
file.

*varTest01 = confFile["UserPreferences/ImageFilesPath", strImageFilesPath]*
That attempts to find and read the setting, if not there is uses the
default you supplied.
That's what you would use at program start to get the setting.

*confFile["UserPreferences/ImageFilesPath"] = varTest01*
That writes the setting, you would use this at any setting change.
*confFile.Save*
No real need to use that unless you want the settings file on disk to be
updated instantly during program run as all setting changes are saved to
disk at program close.

Clever stuff.