[Gambas-user] Mailinglist was down for a few hours

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:05:24 CEST 2020

On 8/30/20 5:42 AM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> I would prefer this alternative:
> http://mlmmj.org/
[snip]
> So we could create a webinterface for mlmmj with Gambas webpages!

Given two years, we could also create our own mailing list manager and archive-to-web interface. But, why reinvent the wheel?

Creating the user's web interface would likely be a snap. I think the more difficult task would be implementing a web-browseable
archive. The MLMMJ documentation for the archive [http://mlmmj.org/docs/readme-archives/] gives two options: mlmmj-webarchiver
and Hypermail [http://www.hypermail-project.org/].

I don't care for the interface provided by mlmmj-webarchiver. It appears to be browseable only by date.

Hypermail seems to provide for a much more interactive experience. However, it can only read messages in the UNIX mailbox format.

I don't see the MLMMJ documentation specifying what format the archive uses, and the link to the scripts (which use hypermail to
create web-browseable archives) and details [http://mlmmj.org/archive/mlmmj/2010-08/1710.html] is 404. So, I don't know how
difficult it would be to interface the archive to Hypermail.

--
Lee