[Gambas-user] Holidays again

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:56:29 CEST 2020

> 800 000? How could we know? The COVID19 deaths and the influenza deaths
> are not counted the same way.

What do you mean? Majority of who die to influenza, die due indirect
causes; co-infections and organ failures.
I don't think there is any difference in how the deaths are counted.

> Moreover, a lot of deaths were first attributed to COVID19, and then
> attributed to something else a few
> months later.

I think it is the other way around. Only when we have enough
epidemiological data, we can say how many extra deaths were due to the
corona. IE how many healthy people die unexpectedly post the recovery to
the infection.
Now we only know that corona causes complications like strokes etc, but we
don't know the prevalence, because a lot of the cases are too much
separated by time.

> At the end of the year, I guess we will see no  significative change on
> the global number of deaths.

Depends on the amount of new infections and the peak infection rate, but
nothing suggests that the number wouldn't raise.

Jussi