[Gambas-user] Request for new feature: SPI and I2C Classes

Matthew Collins matthew.charles.collins.75 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 19:27:15 CEST 2019

Hi Roberto,

Yes, I would also like a native Gambas component for i2c and GPIO (not
used SPI)...

Take a quick look at my code on the Gambas Farm "gb.PiconZero", I wrote
a very basic i2c (via shell) and GPIO class (via shell / gpio sysfs).

Also on github add Setup photos:
https://github.com/Matthew-Collins/gb.PiconZero
<https://github.com/Matthew-Collins/gb.PiconZero>

If you don't already know, the Gambas Farm is a place where other users
share code and is available directly in the Startup dialog (and Tools >
Software Farm) in the Gambas IDE.

If you plan to write a Gambas Component in C this might help:
https://github.com/ev3dev/i2c-tools/blob/ev3dev-stretch/tools/i2cget.c

Thanks
Matt