[Gambas-user] Request for new feature: SPI and I2C Classes

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Mon May 13 19:29:43 CEST 2019

El lun., 13 de may. de 2019 a la(s) 13:05, roberto (
roberto.premoli at tiscali.it) escribió:

> chip I am interested in. In other words, I must add tho the project a uC
> and program it as "interpreter" between GAMBAS and the SPI/I2C devices.

do gambas has support for i2c interaction with serial port? sound very
interesting and very non-common task

> easely can became *THE* IDE for embedded platforms for all the linuxers,
> like me, that like to code embedded boards but prefere gambas over
> Python, C, C++, ecc.

I always talk about vision.. todya all people said "python are easy and
extensible and this and that and ... bla bla"
obviously gambas are the most easy to learn lagnauje programing but lack of
some vision..
of course also lack of manpowers, Benoit and you guys make a great work..
i not talking about become M$ like, or like redhat that has "too much
evolution"
but we need a little more expanding ..
i praise the web inprovements in those dias.. but nee just little more..
as example the gambas DBMS are limited today to mysql postgres and sqlite..
the odbc are broken for oracle and sybase.. and therte's no advance in that!

> It will be very nice to have 2 new classes to control the SPI and I2C
> bus and skip the necessity of a "translator": it will be save space on
> PCB and speed up develop of projects.
> More, it will add new and good value to gambas itself, because it will

that are a great improvement.. i prefer center in i2c that have more
features..
but the interaction with devices are the problem..
i think we neec a clas to standarize and comunicate with the i2c modules?
yes

... "meanwhile" investigate how to comunicate with i2c modules like does
hardinfo in nomadays,
but in fact you will need i2c suppor in kernel, so, what i means its
"hardinfo" its a info program for devices..
has a i2c ifo part that not uses a complete coding interface..
it made tricks consulting the information with thirth party artifacts