[Gambas-user] Suggestion

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:22:50 CET 2019

Il giorno sab 9 mar 2019 alle ore 10:16 Tobias Boege <taboege at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> On Sat, 09 Mar 2019, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> > On 3/9/19 3:06 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> > > Le ven. 8 mars 2019 18:17, T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
> <mailto:t.lee.davidson at gmail.com>> a écrit :
> > >
> > >     What exactly are you referring to as the "error display bar"? The
> Debugging tab at the bottom with Console, Breakpoints, etc.?
> > >

> > > No, I'm talking about the bar at the bottom of the toolbar that show
> > > only when an error is raised... and I'm doing a lot of errors  😊.
> > >

> > I have never had a bar show at the bottom of the toolbar when an error is
> > raised. And, I don't see anything in Preferences that might turn it on.
> So,
> > I still don't know what you're talking about. But, thanks for the
> response
> > :-)
> >

> I believe they mean the one in the attached picture. I see it rarely, too,
> and I can't quite classify when it is shown (maybe when the compiler or
> interpreter exit with non-zero status?), but I agree that it would be nice
> if it vanished automatically, maybe the next time the program is started.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

I happen to see this bar when I try to open programs of other (very
capable) programmers made with obsolete versions of Gambas.
With my programs it never happened.
This also shows my poor ability as a programmer. :-(
Sometimes, this bar prevents you from seeing the form code directly from
the ide, maybe putting a switch in preferences to exclude it?

Regards
Gianluigi