[Gambas-user] Suggestion

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:36:16 CET 2019

Le 09/03/2019 à 14:22, Gianluigi a écrit :

> Il giorno sab 9 mar 2019 alle ore 10:16 Tobias Boege <taboege at gmail.com
> <mailto:taboege at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     On Sat, 09 Mar 2019, T Lee Davidson wrote:
>      > On 3/9/19 3:06 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>      > > Le ven. 8 mars 2019 18:17, T Lee Davidson
>     <t.lee.davidson at gmail.com <mailto:t.lee.davidson at gmail.com>
>     <mailto:t.lee.davidson at gmail.com <mailto:t.lee.davidson at gmail.com>>>
>     a écrit :
>      > >
>      > >     What exactly are you referring to as the "error display
>     bar"? The Debugging tab at the bottom with Console, Breakpoints, etc.?
>      > >
>      > >
>      > > No, I'm talking about the bar at the bottom of the toolbar that
>     show
>      > > only when an error is raised... and I'm doing a lot of errors  😊.
>      > >
>      >
>      > I have never had a bar show at the bottom of the toolbar when an
>     error is
>      > raised. And, I don't see anything in Preferences that might turn
>     it on. So,
>      > I still don't know what you're talking about. But, thanks for the
>     response
>      > :-)
>      >

>     I believe they mean the one in the attached picture. I see it
>     rarely, too,
>     and I can't quite classify when it is shown (maybe when the compiler or
>     interpreter exit with non-zero status?), but I agree that it would
>     be nice
>     if it vanished automatically, maybe the next time the program is
>     started.
>
>     Regards,
>     Tobi
>
>     --
>     "There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk
>

> I happen to see this bar when I try to open programs of other (very
> capable) programmers made with obsolete versions of Gambas.
> With my programs it never happened.
> This also shows my poor ability as a programmer. :-(
> Sometimes, this bar prevents you from seeing the form code directly from
> the ide, maybe putting a switch in preferences to exclude it?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

This message bar replaces modal message boxes when I didn't want to show
a modal message box.

Any Unix program that does not crash can return an integer value between
0 and 127 to its parent process. The convention is that 0 means that
everything is ok, and any other value should indicate an error. This is
the reason why a message is displayed when the Gambas program debugged
by the IDE does not return zero. Something happened.

When the program actually crashes (segmentation fault...), which should
never happens, a modal message box with a bomb icon (coming from the
Atari TOS operating system) is displayed.

Benoît Minisini