[Gambas-user] GamePad code organization structure recommendation

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Fri Mar 1 18:11:33 CET 2019

Attached you will find the cleaved version of my previous code.

It is a work in progress, a first draft, known to be incomplete.

I will be developing my applications as if this already exists, which means stubbing in support for touchpad functionality.  In this way, I will be building a wish list of touch pad event handlers.  I have very little touch pad experience so any one who wants to throw out a list of actions as they see it defined, please reply to this thread.  (No, I don't and never have had a cell phone.)

As a side note, if the whole of Gambas were structured as the diagram indicates, porting to (and maintaining) Android(tm), Windows(tm), and Mac(tm) would be possible.  Wouldn't that be nice?

Here is the main Event Calling Stack:

    GP.Watch
       GP.GamePad:       ReadEntrys
          OSGP.GAIT:     ReadEntry
            evdev:       libevdev_next_event
            GP.GamePad:  CallBack_GAIT_Raise
               Gambas Program Event Handler

Everything else is just support to set that up.  The Gambas Layer is as thin as possible.  All OS specific stuff is shoved down to the OSGP.GAIT level.  The callback coding is incomplete and probably faulty.

If someone wants to pick this up and run with it, please reply to this list thread.

As far as this stuff is concerned, Elvis has left the building.  Thank you very much.