[Gambas-user] My incomplete Manjaro Install - Need expert help

Tony Morehen tmorehen at ajm-software.com
Tue Jun 18 17:17:07 CEST 2019

There is no problem here.  When you asked pacman to install gambas, it
found that your install needed to be updated and so started to do a full
system update.  System updates occur about once a month and are
generally ~300mb in download size.  However, a recent update exceeded
1gb, so I'm not surprised that your system needed a 1.2gb download.
BTW, there a often smaller updates between system updates, usually for
individual packages like Firefox, Chromium, Thunderbird etc

I'd recommend updating your system before installing Gambas.

Step 1(optional):  Reset your mirrorlist so that the fastest download
servers come first in the list.

sudo pacman-mirrors

This gives you a mirrorlist containing all manjaro mirrors, ordered by
speed.  You can limit that list to specific countries or region.

pacman-mirrors --country-list

sudo pacman-mirrors --country Germany,France,Austria

Step 2:  Run a system update.

sudo pacman -Syyu

If you skipped updating your mirrorlist, you can use:

sudo pacman -Syu

Step 3: Install Gambas

sudo pacman -S gambas3

Hope this helps.