[Gambas-user] Official Gambas Forum

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 20:28:39 CEST 2019

Il giorno sab 6 lug 2019 alle ore 20:03 Tobias Boege <taboege at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> On Tue, 02 Jul 2019, Gianluigi wrote:
> > Hi Benoit,
> > it would be nice to have a forum, we would avoid the problems of ML.
> > We would be advised if one has already entered an answer.
> > Ease of entering the code... etc.
> >

> There are English-speaking fora already, notably(?) forum.gambas.one,
> which might already be the forum version of the mailing list. I dunno.
>
> I for one like my local Maildir and email client a thousand times better
> than a hardly programmable browser view of a remote application managing
> my answers. I search the mailing list archive _a lot_ and in ways that
> fora are unlikely to support. My brain will memorise things like "Benoît
> said something relevant to this topic, in a thread originated by Bruce
> in 2017 and there was another mail in that thread that contained an
> attachment". My client supports these kinds of queries and they're fast.
> If a forum does not allow participation by email, or any other format
> that lets me transparently save all correspondences in an open (plain
> text) data format, I will stay out of it.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

Yes I know Gambas-one, here vuott keeps us informed about all its relevant
news.
My proposal was formulated because a malfunction on the timing of receiving
replies on the ML [0], which your answer now tells me to withdraw
immediately. :-)

Regards
Gianluigi

[0] https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2019-July/067564.html