[Gambas-user] Official Gambas Forum

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 20:02:29 CEST 2019

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019, Gianluigi wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
> it would be nice to have a forum, we would avoid the problems of ML.
> We would be advised if one has already entered an answer.
> Ease of entering the code... etc.

There are English-speaking fora already, notably(?) forum.gambas.one,
which might already be the forum version of the mailing list. I dunno.

I for one like my local Maildir and email client a thousand times better
than a hardly programmable browser view of a remote application managing
my answers. I search the mailing list archive _a lot_ and in ways that
fora are unlikely to support. My brain will memorise things like "Benoît
said something relevant to this topic, in a thread originated by Bruce
in 2017 and there was another mail in that thread that contained an
attachment". My client supports these kinds of queries and they're fast.
If a forum does not allow participation by email, or any other format
that lets me transparently save all correspondences in an open (plain
text) data format, I will stay out of it.

Regards,
Tobi