[Gambas-user] Official Gambas Forum

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 20:30:06 CEST 2019

On Sat, 06 Jul 2019, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jul 2019, Gianluigi wrote:
> > Hi Benoit,
> > it would be nice to have a forum, we would avoid the problems of ML.
> > We would be advised if one has already entered an answer.
> > Ease of entering the code... etc.
> >

> There are English-speaking fora already, notably(?) forum.gambas.one,
> which might already be the forum version of the mailing list. I dunno.
>
> If a forum does not allow participation by email, ...
> I will stay out of it.

Hrm. Of course this is not to say that this should stop people from making
a forum *alternative*. gambas.one seems to be doing fine without me :-P
I unconsciously fell into a "it's either this or that" line of thinking
and wanted to take the mailing list's side, which was wrong and surely not
what the inquiry intended (although progressing fragmentation is concern).

Please interpret my last email as my slightly off-topic opinion on forums
in general: if I write something, I want to retain a local copy of it,
which forums normally do not provide. The point that gambas.one already
exists still stands, though.

As for the original problem: yes, email transport is horrible, but I
feel like there is a more important pain point: "all mail clients suck".
Entering and displaying Gambas code is purely a client-side problem.
And I do think that my client sucks less enough in that regard that I
really like doing everything by email.

Regards,
Tobi