[Gambas-user] Question: Wait-sign on start

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:09:37 CET 2019

Yes, now it is clear that it is wrong :-)
For Gambas launchers and applications created by him, this is the procedure
I have adopted in all Linux derived from Debian and Ubuntu.
Gambas already has the executable, for the programs made by you, you must
create the executable.
In ~/.local/share/applications, create the desktop file as we seen.
Attention to the desktop file items, they must have correct paths and
correct category names (eg Office, Development etc.).
I also recommend an appropriate comment eg for Gambas "IDE development in
BASIC".
Save and open the menu, go to the new item and check the functioning, if
ok, drag the menu item, keeping the left mouse button pressed, in the tray
(panel) or on the desktop.
Note: If you can not insert the item in the tray, first try entering it in
the favorites menu (right click, Pin to favorites menu).
On the desktop it does not immediately appear the name of the program but
the desktop file: Double click on it, then on the window that appears click
on Mark as trusted.

I would do it like this:
After verifying the correct operation of the procedure, I would eliminate
all the lancers created previously for Gambas and re-make them using the
method described above.

Regards
Gianluigi