[Gambas-user] Question: Wait-sign on start

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Feb 21 08:42:35 CET 2019

Am 20.02.19 um 18:43 schrieb Fabien Bodard:
> The question can be what is the info that allow mate to know when the
> app is started.
>
> in gambas the command line and the pid label are different. All the
> gambas programs have the same processus name... gbr3.
> This is maybe the problem...
>
> I'm curious to know if you have same problem with a python gui program.

As Benoit proposed, it might be missing to be connected to DBus.

I have a Java-based program here, and I tried the trick with the copy of
the .desktop file in .local/share/applications plus "StartupNotify".
Here it runs perfectly, the mouse wait appears, but disappears as soon
as the application has started.

Could I make a connection to DBus in the Gambas code? What would that
look like?

Regards
Rolf