[Gambas-user] Linux Mint - Project Localization

David Sanromá dsanroma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:52:12 CET 2018

El 6/11/18 a las 16:46, Benoît Minisini escribió:
> Le 06/11/2018 à 16:34, David Sanromá a écrit :

>>> Are you sure that you correctly installed the translated language
>>> support on your system?
>>>
>>> If the interpreter cannot load the translation at startup for any
>>> reason, it displays a warning message on the command-line. Do you
>>> see it?
>>>

>> Neither the gambas3 executable nor my compiled app show any errors
>> when started:
>>
>> [dsanroma at mint2:~/Documentos/Gambas/preserve_home]
>> $ gambas3
>>
>> Nothing gets displayed on the terminal I started it from.
>>

>> If you allow me comment something from "another dimension" in a
>> "parallel universe", I must say that parts of the IDE get translated
>> when I run (partially) the make package wizard.
>>

>> If I run the wizard up to the point of selecting Mint distribution
>> and then I cancel... Then if I run the wizard again it is in Spanish.
>>

>> Furthermore, at this point if I open another project in a "new
>> window", then second IDE is in Spanish.
>>

>> I just found this out right now.... strange... ;)

> Very unexpectedly strange... I have no explanation at the moment. The
> translation code loads the gettext translation files through the
> glibc. Either it fails or succeeds, and there is no reason that the
> load would succeed, and you won't get all the translations (except of
> course for the parts that are not yet translated), and no reason why
> it should work better after a second run.

I can replicate the strange behavior... and translation works....

1.- I start Gambas IDE which it shows up in English.

2.- I run the app and it does NOT translate the one message I set up.

3.- I just run the "Make Installation package" wizard only to the second
screen. Then I cancel.

4.- I press F5 again and the translation works in my project.

I have replicated this behavior 3 times in a row.

Just FYI,

David