[Gambas-user] Linux Mint - Project Localization

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:46:56 CET 2018

Le 06/11/2018 à 16:34, David Sanromá a écrit :

> El 6/11/18 a las 16:24, Benoît Minisini escribió:
>> Le 06/11/2018 à 16:21, David Sanromá a écrit :
>>>
>>> No... the IDE is not translated....

>> Are you sure that you correctly installed the translated language
>> support on your system?
>>
>> If the interpreter cannot load the translation at startup for any
>> reason, it displays a warning message on the command-line. Do you see it?
>>

> Neither the gambas3 executable nor my compiled app show any errors when
> started:
>
> [dsanroma at mint2:~/Documentos/Gambas/preserve_home]
> $ gambas3
>
> Nothing gets displayed on the terminal I started it from.
>

> If you allow me comment something from "another dimension" in a
> "parallel universe", I must say that parts of the IDE get translated
> when I run (partially) the make package wizard.
>

> If I run the wizard up to the point of selecting Mint distribution and
> then I cancel... Then if I run the wizard again it is in Spanish.
>

> Furthermore, at this point if I open another project in a "new window",
> then second IDE is in Spanish.
>

> I just found this out right now.... strange... ;)

Very unexpectedly strange... I have no explanation at the moment. The
translation code loads the gettext translation files through the glibc.
Either it fails or succeeds, and there is no reason that the load would
succeed, and you won't get all the translations (except of course for
the parts that are not yet translated), and no reason why it should work
better after a second run.

--
Benoît Minisini