[Gambas-user] Linux Mint - Project Localization

David Sanromá dsanroma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:07:55 CET 2018

El 6/11/18 a las 16:52, David Sanromá escribió:

> El 6/11/18 a las 16:46, Benoît Minisini escribió:

>>> Neither the gambas3 executable nor my compiled app show any errors
>>> when started:
>>>
>>> [dsanroma at mint2:~/Documentos/Gambas/preserve_home]
>>> $ gambas3
>>>
>>> Nothing gets displayed on the terminal I started it from.
>>>

>>> If you allow me comment something from "another dimension" in a
>>> "parallel universe", I must say that parts of the IDE get translated
>>> when I run (partially) the make package wizard.
>>>

>>> If I run the wizard up to the point of selecting Mint distribution
>>> and then I cancel... Then if I run the wizard again it is in Spanish.
>>>

>>> Furthermore, at this point if I open another project in a "new
>>> window", then second IDE is in Spanish.
>>>

>>> I just found this out right now.... strange... ;)

>>> ]----
>>
>> Very unexpectedly strange... I have no explanation at the moment. The
>> translation code loads the gettext translation files through the
>> glibc. Either it fails or succeeds, and there is no reason that the
>> load would succeed, and you won't get all the translations (except of
>> course for the parts that are not yet translated), and no reason why
>> it should work better after a second run.
>>

> I can replicate the strange behavior... and translation works....
>

> 1.- I start Gambas IDE which it shows up in English.
>
> 2.- I run the app and it does NOT translate the one message I set up.
>
> 3.- I just run the "Make Installation package" wizard only to the
> second screen. Then I cancel.
>
> 4.- I press F5 again and the translation works in my project.
>

> I have replicated this behavior 3 times in a row.
>

> Just FYI,
>
> David

I think I found a work-around... I used a start-up class with the following:

Static Public Sub Main()

     System.Language = System.Language

     FMain.ShowModal

End

It seems that setting the Language to itself solves the problem.... at
this point my application translates just fine in both the IDE and
running my itself.

Just FYI,

David

PS: I still cannot get the IDE in Spanish at the 1st start-up. ;)