[Gambas-user] Integrate unittest component to Gambas

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed May 16 08:00:05 CEST 2018

Am 16.05.2018 um 04:34 schrieb Adrien Prokopowicz:

>> Assert.Something is much faster and easier to write while coding, you
>> can write
>>
>> As<Tab>.So<Tab>
>>
>> Instead of
>>
>> AssertSo<Tab>
>
> I didn't think of that, but that's true.
> Having all assertion types inside a single, dedicated class/module helps
> discoverablility quite a bit as well, since you can just write
> Assert.<Tab> and it presents you all the possible assertion tools you
> may want.

This is also what I was thinking about.

>> Sorry, Tobi and Adrien, I do not have really much time, we are creating
>> a building and there is much work to do here.
>
> No worries. It's the advantage of having several people on a same
> project, they can be busy and the projet is still going. :-)

Yes, this is great! I am not very familiar with work in team as I mostly
code alone. So I'm looking forward to the positive surprises that may
come if others throw their brain in. :-)

>> I think we first should build a main repo for it.
>
> I agree, but first I think Tobias should first commit the changes he
> talked about (even if it isn't finished or functional), that way we're
> all on the same page and no work will be lost. :-)

Yes.

> When that's done, I could create a new separate repository on the Gambas
> organization for us to make our experiments before merging it in the
> main repository. I can then start to clean up the codebase a bit, mainly
> by removing the GUI parts (which will end up in the IDE rather than the
> component), and putting most of the logic into a separate "gbprove3"
> executable as Tobias suggested (the name is still open to discussion
> though).

If you look at my develop branch here:

https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.unittest/tree/develop

There I did part of that as Benoît suggested. I removed GUI, created a
Unittest class from that testclasses can inherit from. Just to mention.

But play around ... :-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--