[Gambas-user] Integrate unittest component to Gambas

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at gmail.com
Wed May 16 04:34:50 CEST 2018

Le 14/05/2018 à 10:02, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> I do also, the term "Assert" ist common in unittesting:
>
> Here "Assert.Something":
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualstudio.testtools.unittesting.assert.aspx
>
> Here "self.assertSomething"
>
> https://docs.python.org/2/library/unittest.html
>
> I personally like Adriens Idea with Assert.Something
> but I also would like Me.AssertSomething (if the testclass inherits from
> Unittest). But:
>
> Assert.Something is much faster and easier to write while coding, you
> can write
>
> As<Tab>.So<Tab>
>
> Instead of
>
> AssertSo<Tab>

I didn't think of that, but that's true.
Having all assertion types inside a single, dedicated class/module helps
discoverablility quite a bit as well, since you can just write
Assert.<Tab> and it presents you all the possible assertion tools you
may want.

> Sorry, Tobi and Adrien, I do not have really much time, we are creating
> a building and there is much work to do here.

No worries. It's the advantage of having several people on a same
project, they can be busy and the projet is still going. :-)

> I think we first should build a main repo for it.

I agree, but first I think Tobias should first commit the changes he
talked about (even if it isn't finished or functional), that way we're
all on the same page and no work will be lost. :-)

When that's done, I could create a new separate repository on the Gambas
organization for us to make our experiments before merging it in the
main repository. I can then start to clean up the codebase a bit, mainly
by removing the GUI parts (which will end up in the IDE rather than the
component), and putting most of the logic into a separate "gbprove3"
executable as Tobias suggested (the name is still open to discussion
though).

--
Adrien Prokopowicz