[Gambas-user] Debian and Devuan specific packages for gambas 3.11 ready to use

Sebastián Kulesz sebikul at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:21:27 CEST 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018, 09:30 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all, i fixed and updated Gambas Debian packages now:
>
>    - correct and put the QT5 componentes missing
>    - correct and put the SDL2 components missing
>    - added replaces and conflicts to the scripper package
>    - fixed older manpage refers and contents
>    - fixed the build dependences, all the packagers around gambas has
>    very bad calculated
>    - fixed the package dependences calculation too
>
> JIT now compiles in my package, but the dependency calculation and
> detection of version to use are broken in rules, due i'm very busy i
> temporaly disabled for now..
>

> Venenux For gambas 3.11 to Debian 8, 9, and Devuan 1 and 2 respectivelly
>

> https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Avegnuli%3Agambas&package=gambas3
>
> Devuan 1 (jessie) are same as Debian 8 (jessie) (same as Venenux 1.0)
>
> Devuan 2 (ascii) are same as Debian 9 (strecht) (same as Venenux 2.0)
>
> Debian 7 has no packages yet due some problems with dependences.. but i'll
> do the best!
>
> REASONS OF MY PACKAGES:
>
> Seem Debian package of my repository will help and are bvery very need! As
> i can see here: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gambas3 the debian
> official gambas package was removed from testing respect git (that has yet
> 3.10 ready to deploy) due does not compiled! Also llvm related bug of
> gambas here: http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.835 i
> cited  --> "What's the problem with keeping an old version of LLVM? Do you
> plan to remove QT4, sqlite2 or GStreamer 1.0?" <--
>

>    - *Others repositories are made for windo.. i mean* winbuntu distros..
>    tha have conflicts and does not instsall property, also those packages
>    seems have bad calculated dependences.. well no more ppa now!
>
> I have maintained that repository for more than 5 years now, and is used
by thousands of users (literally). An so far, no reports of problems from
users for the latest Gambas release. In fact, I received several
confirmations that they are working properly.
If you found a bug, or a packaging issue in the PPA, please bring it up so
that I can fix it. This is not a competition of who has the "best"
packages.
If you have no evidence or constructive arguments, please stop critizicing
other people's work.

Regards