[Gambas-user] Debian and Devuan specific packages for gambas 3.11 ready to use

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:29:25 CEST 2018

Hi all, i fixed and updated Gambas Debian packages now:

   - correct and put the QT5 componentes missing
   - correct and put the SDL2 components missing
   - added replaces and conflicts to the scripper package
   - fixed older manpage refers and contents
   - fixed the build dependences, all the packagers around gambas has very
   bad calculated
   - fixed the package dependences calculation too

JIT now compiles in my package, but the dependency calculation and
detection of version to use are broken in rules, due i'm very busy i
temporaly disabled for now..

Venenux For gambas 3.11 to Debian 8, 9, and Devuan 1 and 2 respectivelly

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%
3Avegnuli%3Agambas&package=gambas3

Devuan 1 (jessie) are same as Debian 8 (jessie) (same as Venenux 1.0)

Devuan 2 (ascii) are same as Debian 9 (strecht) (same as Venenux 2.0)

Debian 7 has no packages yet due some problems with dependences.. but i'll
do the best!

REASONS OF MY PACKAGES:

Seem Debian package of my repository will help and are bvery very need! As
i can see here: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gambas3 the debian official
gambas package was removed from testing respect git (that has yet 3.10
ready to deploy) due does not compiled! Also llvm related bug of gambas
here: http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.835 i cited  -->
"What's the problem with keeping an old version of LLVM? Do you plan to
remove QT4, sqlite2 or GStreamer 1.0?" <--

   - *Others repositories are made for windo.. i mean* winbuntu distros..
   tha have conflicts and does not instsall property, also those packages
   seems have bad calculated dependences.. well no more ppa now!
   - *In Debian official qt4 will be removed, and that causes couple of
   issues on qt4.. *(please *take in consideration that many distros still
   uses qt4 and also qt4 are more light rather than qt5* in obviously
   reasons). The qt4 related coponents were yet removed in the bug issue
   <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784465> that's not so
   bad but neither that's not so good, due many cannot switch to qt5 due the
   resource usage on their machines.. by example the EMF10 canaimitas
   laptops.. this is an exclusionary policy for me.
   - *some modules has no proper transcition and no proper conflicts*,
   beetween gambas 3.1 to 3.5 there's transcition problems and beetween gambas
   3.5 to 3.8 there's another transcition conflicts that debian still yet not
   resolved (*take as example the gambas scripter package vs the
   gambas-script * debian official package), currentluy debian does not
   follow the Gambas packagin rules!
   - *the jit compiler will be disabled for future debian 9+*, this feature
   will be rejected by the debian mantainers due do not follow policies.. for
   more info i recomend to read that article: http://smart-cactus.org/~ben/p
   osts/2014-11-28-state-of-llvm-backend.html
   <http://smart-cactus.org/%7Eben/posts/2014-11-28-state-of-llvm-backend.html>
   that explain the situation very clear
   - *bad calculated depens, redundant depends* take a shot: in debian
   official debian gambas-gb-db depend on gambas-gb-db-form and vice-versa!

I *have to concluded that the Debian official gambas package I's no so
usefully for the gambas community that uses Debian or Devuan as current
daily linux...*

so then i'll try from now distribute packages for Debian but not on each
release, only on each mayor changes release,