[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1161: Class Editor is Locked

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 5 19:50:17 CEST 2017

Le 05/09/2017 à 18:21, Fernando Cabral a écrit :

>> Some more questions / things to try:
>>
>> 1) Copy the project folder elsewhere in your home directory, but not in
>> the dropbox tree.  Try to edit.
>> 2) In the copied folder, run chmod --recursive a+w *.  Try to edit.
>> 3) Try creating a new module, class or form.  Try this in both the copied
>> folder and the original.  Try to add code and edit the new module etc.
>> 4) Can the problems be related to dropbox.
>>
>> I have already tried this all in various combinations. Some even more
> radical, like
> making every file and directory 777. I've created a user named gambas and
> everything completely open.
>
> Now, I know it has to do with permissions because if I run "sudo gambas3"
> it will work!
> Now, if I set the user id bit (chmod u+s gambas3, for instance), it does
> not work.
>
> How come?
>
> Every single directory and file is rwxrwxrwd. They all belong to me (owner
> and group).
>
> This issue has mystified me for several months now. I had settled down and
> accepted the idea of keeping using the virtual machine to do the editing.
> Until this morning, when someone else refered to the same issue.
>
> - fernando

I am agree with Tobias, it must be something related to the keyboard
configuration. Did you try to change your keyboard mapping for example?
Do you have different keyboard languages? And so on...

--
Benoît Minisini