[Gambas-user] OH NO - not this ? again...

mikeB mikeB at ...3673...
Sat Sep 2 18:51:02 CEST 2017

Just to clarify a few questions that were presented in your MUCH
APPRECIATED answers:

* when try to install the deb file on a virgin Mint 8.1 puter = the
installer starts its "thing"

then returns an error message saying

"ERROR: Dependency is not satisfied: gambas3-runtime(>=3.10).

After more research found a cmd line that says will update the runtime files

(which would be GREAT if it actually worked ;-( as expected by a very
new Linux user.

"sudo apt-get install gambas3-runtime"

the terminal return =

mikeb at ...3685... ~ $ sudo apt-get install gambas3-runtime
[sudo] password for mikeb:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gambas3-runtime is already the newest version (3.8.4-2ubuntu3.1).
gambas3-runtime set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 325 not upgraded.
mikeb at ...3685... ~ $

Notice that it says "newest version 3.8.4-2 when at the same time

the installer error reports needs " gambas3-runtime(.=3.10)"

yep.. very confusing for me anyway.

Thank you for your support,

mikeB

PS: before I upgraded to v10 from v8 the install of gambas apps seemed
to go as expected -

I as well as several of my beta testers had no problem: the install did
however find a couple

files that it needed but installed them automatically (after confirm to
do so).