[Gambas-user] OH NO - not this ? again...

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Sat Sep 2 11:35:23 CEST 2017

Myself? I'd be benefited with a comprehensive answer to this quest. To this
moment I have not been able to create a package that, by itself, would work
in a new machine. Up to now, the solution I have found is no solution at
all: I install the whole gambas package and then copy the source directory.

It would be great to know what is the right thing to do.

- fernando

> eGreetings - The World of Gambas,
>
> Most likely most of you will be thinking "OH NO - not this subject again"
> but I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to switch from vb6(M$) to Gambas
> (Linux freedom)
> that after many hours of research - is very confused on what is required
> to create/ re-distribute
> an install file (e.g. xxx.deb).
>
> I'm finding that this problem is harder to understand/ solve then the
> codling diff (vb6 vs Gambas).
> Maybe, surely your advice will help many others ;-)
>
> So here goes - my newbie questions:
> * are the Gambas runtime files most always backward compatible?
>
> * if so = why doesn't the "MAKE > Installation package" function
> automatically include them?
> From my testing it does not - get install error "Can not install - "Gambas
> runtime files missing blah, blah.."
>
> Not a criticism but only a question - there most likely is a good reason?
>
> * Is there somewhere/ someone that creates/ offers the current runtime
> files for download as a setup (e.g. Gambas-runtime.deb)?
> I'm think'n that I could just have the end user download and run before
> install of my offering (Gambas app.)
>
> * If not = how do I deal with this (include the runtime files) - PLEASE,
> so even I can understand ;-)
>
> A BIG THANKS to anyone taking the time to advance this newbie, and others
> knowledge!
>
> It will be a big help in advancing development of Linux Gambas apps so
> folks can rid themselves from M$.
>
> Have a GREAT day,
> mikeB
>
> PS: see that there are some of you that is working hard on the terminal
> component - will be a VERY exciting addition to Gambas
>
> when completed - if you would, please inform the list when stable (and
> what is needed to do to implement).

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.