[Gambas-user] How to use drag-and-drop

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at ...3629...
Thu Jul 13 12:27:40 CEST 2017

Am 11.07.2017 um 12:23 schrieb Charlie:
> Rolf-Werner Eilert-2 wrote
>> The basic usage of the drag-and-drop functions isn't quite clear to me.
>> I couldn't find much information in the wiki about it. Here is my code.
>> I use t$ as a simple storage place and TextBox1 is only to see what the
>> thing does.
>>
>> The user should pick the red cell in GridView1 and drag it to another
>> cell. The contents should appear there.
>>
>> I use "MouseUp" and not "Drop" because Drop didn't have any result. But
>> maybe the way I implemented the whole thing isn't the right one anyhow?
> Your code works. Is it that you want to drag the Background colour as well?
> You can only drag Text or Images so if you want the Background as well you
> will need to use other tricks. Try your modified code below. If I have
> missed the point let me know.
>
> Public Sub GridView1_MouseUp()
>
> TextBox1.Text = GridView1.Row & "::" & GridView1.Column
> GridView1.Current.Text = t$
> GridView1.Current.Background = iBackGround
>
> End

Thank you Charlie for your answer.

I wonder why GridView1_Drop doesn't fire here. So I was forced to use
MouseUp instead. The inconvenience here is that I have to use a flag to
distinguish whether it was a Drag-and-Drop action that fired MouseUp, or
a usual Mouse action that ended there. Otherwise you may get errors when
you click or pull handles or whatever.

So, when GridView1.Drop is True, and I implemented everything correctly,
why is GridView1_Drop not fired?

Regards
Rolf