[Gambas-user] How to use drag-and-drop

Charlie charlie at ...2793...
Tue Jul 11 12:23:25 CEST 2017

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2 wrote
> The basic usage of the drag-and-drop functions isn't quite clear to me.
> I couldn't find much information in the wiki about it. Here is my code.
> I use t$ as a simple storage place and TextBox1 is only to see what the
> thing does.
>
> The user should pick the red cell in GridView1 and drag it to another
> cell. The contents should appear there.
>
> I use "MouseUp" and not "Drop" because Drop didn't have any result. But
> maybe the way I implemented the whole thing isn't the right one anyhow?

Your code works. Is it that you want to drag the Background colour as well?
You can only drag Text or Images so if you want the Background as well you
will need to use other tricks. Try your modified code below. If I have
missed the point let me know.

t$ As String
iBackGround As Integer

Public Sub Form_Open()

GridView1.Rows.Count = 7
GridView1.Columns.Count = 5
TextBox1.Text = t$

End

Public Sub GridView1_Data(Row As Integer, Column As Integer)

If Row = 4 And Column = 3 Then
  GridView1.Data.Background = Color.Red
  GridView1.Data.Alignment = Align.Center
  GridView1.Data.Text = "E\nKorr\nWg"
  t$ = GridView1.Data.Text
Endif

End

Public Sub GridView1_Click()

t$ = GridView1.Current.Text
TextBox1.Text = ""
iBackGround = GridView1.Current.Background

End

Public Sub GridView1_MouseDrag()

TextBox1.Text = t$

End

Public Sub GridView1_MouseUp()

TextBox1.Text = GridView1.Row & "::" & GridView1.Column
GridView1.Current.Text = t$
GridView1.Current.Background = iBackGround

End

-----
Check out www.gambas.one