[Gambas-user] How to make installation package

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Fri Jul 7 16:18:32 CEST 2017

The target system where you want to install the gambas application on has
>>> to have the link to the gambas repository.
>>> Seems you are on Debian/Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> For Ubuntu open terminal on target system and do:
>>>
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
>>> sudo apt-get update
>>>

>>> Next you can install your gambas application, it will pull in all
>>> dependencies (like interpreter) and install them.
>>> It will only install those parts of Gambas the application needs to run
>>> properly.
>>>

>>> Above is for Gambas stable 3.9.2, if you developed your application in
>>> trunk you will need to add trunk repo to target system instead of stable
>>> repo.
>>>
>>> Hope this explains all.

Willy, it does explain. Just to be on the safe side:
a) It means Gambas iteself is not installed when we run the package
installer, right?
b) What do the *.deb files do? Just copy the sorce code and the bytecode to
the new system?

Thank you.

- fernando

On 2017-07-06 03:43, Fernando Cabral wrote:

>> I'd like to make an installation package to install a gambas program on a
>> machine that does not have gambas. I tried doing it clicking on
>> Project -> Make -> Installation package.
>> After presenting some questions, it runs and creates 22 files (regular,
>> .gz, dsc and deb files). Four of them a *.deb files. Now, here are the
>> issues:
>>
>> 1) They are all small files, so, for sure, they do not contain the
>> interpreter
>> 2) trying to install the deb files results in nothing (no error message,
>> but nothing happens)
>>

> The target system where you want to install the gambas application on has
> to have the link to the gambas repository.
> Seems you are on Debian/Ubuntu.
>
> For Ubuntu open terminal on target system and do:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
> sudo apt-get update
>

> Next you can install your gambas application, it will pull in all
> dependencies (like interpreter) and install them.
> It will only install those parts of Gambas the application needs to run
> properly.
>

> Above is for Gambas stable 3.9.2, if you developed your application in
> trunk you will need to add trunk repo to target system instead of stable
> repo.
>
> Hope this explains all.
>
> gbWilly

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.