[Gambas-user] How to make installation package

gbwilly at ...3606... gbwilly at ...3606...
Fri Jul 7 15:15:39 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-06 03:43, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> I'd like to make an installation package to install a gambas program on
> machine that does not have gambas. I tried doing it clicking on
> Project -> Make -> Installation package.
> After presenting some questions, it runs and creates 22 files (regular,
> .gz, dsc and deb files). Four of them a *.deb files. Now, here are the
> issues:
>
> 1) They are all small files, so, for sure, they do not contain the
> interpreter
> 2) trying to install the deb files results in nothing (no error
> message,
> but nothing happens)

The target system where you want to install the gambas application on
has to have the link to the gambas repository.
Seems you are on Debian/Ubuntu.

For Ubuntu open terminal on target system and do:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
sudo apt-get update

Next you can install your gambas application, it will pull in all
dependencies (like interpreter) and install them.
It will only install those parts of Gambas the application needs to run
properly.

Above is for Gambas stable 3.9.2, if you developed your application in
trunk you will need to add trunk repo to target system instead of stable
repo.

Hope this explains all.

gbWilly