[Gambas-user] Git compilation report

Gianluigi bagonergi at ...626...
Fri Aug 18 18:34:23 CEST 2017

Hi Piccoro,

Thank you very much for the explanations.
But I think there has been a misunderstanding.
If after sudo make uninstall did not get the error I would continue with:

cd
rm -rf gambasdevel/

And I think that would be enough.
Instead, I finded all the files and deleted them manually and deleted the
folder.
Then I used all the commands suggested by Jussi to delete any trace of
Gambas (I hope).

I done: git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git
gambasdevel ecc. only after.
I thought it was OK, even the upgrade.

>From what you write, it does not seem like this.

>cd gambasdevel
>sudo make uninstall
>git fetch; git pull

Why should I uninstall if I just want to update?
Or use git pull and not uninstall or uninstall and do not use git pull.

> git clone https://gitlab.com/mckaygerhard/gambas.git gambasdevelcd
gambasdevel

It does not seem to me to be a correct command and as Adrien writes in the
wiki, I have given:

git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel

etc...

> wget
https://gitlab.com/venenux/gambasex/repository/master/archive.tar.bz2tar
--strip-components 2 --wildcards --bzip2 -xvf archive.tar.bz2

This is not about the stable?

> etc

It sounds all very complicated, I'm confused. All this only to have the
development version?

When do we return to SVN?

Regards
Gianluigi