[Gambas-user] Git compilation report

Fri Aug 18 18:46:29 CEST 2017

Tobias wrote:
"l. You do have to take
care to uninstall before running your next ./configure, though."

> Why should I uninstall if I just want to update?
> Or use git pull and not uninstall or uninstall and do not use git pull.

i fact dont matter do pull due makefiles always are present, but still
tobias said "take care to uninstall before running your next..."
its recomended due isolated installation beetween components version and
updates

seems "just upgraded" its not recomended and its better (specially if are
in development branch) uninstall and then clean install

If after sudo make uninstall did not get the error I would continue with:

> cd
> rm -rf gambasdevel/
>
> And I think that would be enough.

yeah, you have right, drastically but have right its better..

> > git clone https://gitlab.com/mckaygerhard/gambas.git gambasdevelcd
> gambasdevel

the "new line" are missing

> It does not seem to me to be a correct command and as Adrien writes in the
> wiki, I have given:
>
> git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel

this command are in the wiki at install wiki, the other its just in the git
explanation

> > wget
> https://gitlab.com/venenux/gambasex/repository/master/archive.tar.bz2tar
> --strip-components 2 --wildcards --bzip2 -xvf archive.tar.bz2
>
> This is not about the stable?

that command its to use a autopackage build.. makes all the necesary debs
from the downloaded tarball and put a "debian" directory inside..

> > etc
>
> It sounds all very complicated, I'm confused. All this only to have the
> development version?

you are doin all in complicated way..
just "wget" to a tag, extract and follow same instructions..
as i put in the wiki...

its not recomended "overwrite" the current installation as you said "as
upgrade"