[Gambas-user] Description of symbols as string?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Thu Apr 28 21:51:01 CEST 2016

Hello Tobi,

Am 28.04.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Tobias Boege:

>> Can I get the description ("Long description of ...") as a string within
>> my program?
>>
> I can think of a hack which only requires you to export the classes you want
> this to work with, and then parse the .info file which is generated by the
> compiler (this thing is included in the project archive and also in
> executable archives). The format is not difficult. If you want to go with
> that, I can assist. I'm kind of in a hurry right now and can't decipher how
> the IDE does this sort of thing.

That would be too much effort for too little effect. I hoped there would
be some kind of easy, straightforward introspection that includes the
description of symbols. But if not ... I would not hack that in this way
... to complicated ...

Thank you :-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer