[Gambas-user] Description of symbols as string?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Apr 28 22:08:08 CEST 2016

Le 28/04/2016 21:51, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Hello Tobi,
>
> Am 28.04.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Tobias Boege:
>
>>> Can I get the description ("Long description of ...") as a string within
>>> my program?
>>>
>> I can think of a hack which only requires you to export the classes you want
>> this to work with, and then parse the .info file which is generated by the
>> compiler (this thing is included in the project archive and also in
>> executable archives). The format is not difficult. If you want to go with
>> that, I can assist. I'm kind of in a hurry right now and can't decipher how
>> the IDE does this sort of thing.
>
> That would be too much effort for too little effect. I hoped there would
> be some kind of easy, straightforward introspection that includes the
> description of symbols. But if not ... I would not hack that in this way
> ... to complicated ...
>
> Thank you :-)
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

There is no good reason to insert comments inside the generated code,
even if these comments are help comments. It would not be comments
anymore then.

Why do you need that?

--
Benoît Minisini