[Gambas-user] Description of symbols as string?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Apr 28 14:31:57 CEST 2016

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I define in a class:
>
> <snip>
>
> '' Long description of constant Pink
> Public Const Pink as Integer = 1
>
> <snip>
>
> Can I get the description ("Long description of ...") as a string within
> my program?

I can think of a hack which only requires you to export the classes you want
this to work with, and then parse the .info file which is generated by the
compiler (this thing is included in the project archive and also in
executable archives). The format is not difficult. If you want to go with
that, I can assist. I'm kind of in a hurry right now and can't decipher how
the IDE does this sort of thing.

Regards,
Tobi