[Gambas-user] Project templates

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sat Sep 19 08:43:33 CEST 2015

Ok it work now... sorry i have not reconf the app path.

I'm agree with Adrien ... there is too many template for the same
thing. It pollute the lisibility. Just one for graphica app which
explain that the lib choose the underlying component depending of the
current desktop envirronment. Maybe a link in the description pointing
to a wiki page could be a good idea. On this page the template then
can be explained more further.

then a template for SDL, generic BDD (with init code base), etc The
basic templates of the ide must be there to help beginner to begin.

> Le Sat, 19 Sep 2015 03:51:01 +0200, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> a écrit:
>
>> Le 19/09/2015 03:26, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :

>>> I don't remember anyone asking for this either. That's weird, because
>>> this feature is awesome ! :)
>>>
>>> I have one question though : why are there different project templates
>>> for each GUI toolkit ? Because we can switch toolkits so easily,
>>> isn't "Graphical Application" enough ?
>>> Plus, it's very confusing for less experimented developers who might
>>> not even know what Qt and GTK+ are.
>>>

>> Because they were mainly there before. And if a less experimented
>> developer is not aware of what QT and GTK+ are, he will quickly have
>> problems, so...
>>

> Will he ? You probably know better than me, but I never had any problem
> letting gb.gui choose for me when making a GUI project.
> Also, when getting someone to discover Gambas, I always say "Just use
> Graphical Application, it will automagically select the right toolkit",
> and it always worked fine.
>
> Even as a more experienced user, I see restricting my GUI app to a
> specific toolkit basically useless, unless I want to use Qt-specific
> components (like ext or webkit), which happens very rarely. And if I
> ever want to use these, it's just so easy to click a few checkboxes
> in the components dialog.
>
> But of course, that's just my opinion. :)
>
> --
> Adrien Prokopowicz

Fabien Bodard