[Gambas-user] Project templates

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sat Sep 19 04:34:02 CEST 2015

Le Sat, 19 Sep 2015 03:51:01 +0200, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> Le 19/09/2015 03:26, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :
>> Le Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:12:49 +0200, Benoît Minisini
>> <gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

>>> So am I. I don't know why nobody asked for that. Or maybe I missed it.
>>>

>> I don't remember anyone asking for this either. That's weird, because
>> this feature is awesome ! :)
>>
>> I have one question though : why are there different project templates
>> for each GUI toolkit ? Because we can switch toolkits so easily,
>> isn't "Graphical Application" enough ?
>> Plus, it's very confusing for less experimented developers who might
>> not even know what Qt and GTK+ are.
>>

> Because they were mainly there before. And if a less experimented
> developer is not aware of what QT and GTK+ are, he will quickly have
> problems, so...

Will he ? You probably know better than me, but I never had any problem
letting gb.gui choose for me when making a GUI project.
Also, when getting someone to discover Gambas, I always say "Just use
Graphical Application, it will automagically select the right toolkit",
and it always worked fine.

Even as a more experienced user, I see restricting my GUI app to a
specific toolkit basically useless, unless I want to use Qt-specific
components (like ext or webkit), which happens very rarely. And if I
ever want to use these, it's just so easy to click a few checkboxes
in the components dialog.

But of course, that's just my opinion. :)

--
Adrien Prokopowicz